WINGS A SPECIAL NEEDS COMMUNITY || Position Description
* If interested in this position, please fill out application below [resume upload required].
Job Title: Events Director
(An at-will position)
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Events Director will seek to keep Wings Event Center rented as much as possible. This is a part-time position, with commission.
- Maintain Events social media, advertise and seek out potential renters
- Introduce Wings mission to the community through renters
- Maintain Event Center competitive pricing
- Rental agreement/contract
- Work with Day Program Staff to ensure Members set up/tear down and clean
- Keep Event Center clear of clutter
- Keep Event Center entry and main areas clean at all times
- Maintain website-calendars and wedding planning
- Organize all client events, contracts, and client vendors
- Work with clients to adhere to contractual agreements
- Communicate building and grounds needs to Director of Operations
- Hire, train, and manage contract labor
- Maintain schedule of events
- Maintain Event Center furniture, linens, supplies and equipment
- Manage sub-lease agreement renters
Culture and Mission: Create a friendly culture where everyone is important. Work to fulfill Wings Mission to enhance the lives of adults with special needs through the vocation of the Event Center. Work with Teachers to train Members to reach new levels of Event Center responsibilities.
Financial Management: Prepare and manage annual budget.
Training and Experience: High School diploma required and Event Center experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ongoing research of competition. Organizational, customer service and management skills, problem-solving, self-motivated, multi-tasking are necessary for the position.
Credentials & Experience: Event planning is helpful.
Employment Standards: Application, background check.
If interested in this position … please fill out application below [resume upload required].