Wings currently has 2 open positions: for a part-time Administrative Assistant [25 hours], and a part-time Program Assistant [20 hours]. If you are passionate about the special needs community and helping our members at Wings reach their full potential, you may be the person we are looking for.
Please see the job descriptions below for each position. If you are interested in applying, just click on the application link and complete the Employment Application.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-242-4646.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Operations Director
Job Summary: This part-time position [25 hours/week: Monday – Friday, 9:30a – 2:30p] will be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our staff, assisting in daily office needs, leading and working alongside volunteers, and managing general administrative activities.
Culture and Mission:
- Commitment to our mission, vision and values
- Alignment of members, staff and parents/guardians around the values and mission of Wings
- Creates a strong sense of community in the program/facility
- Ability to recruit, lead and work alongside volunteers
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet guests and visitors
- Recruit and lead volunteers to answer phones and do simple office tasks
- Answer or distribute emails that come into email@example.com
- Work with potential volunteers to connect with E.D. and collect volunteer information [including application and background check].
- Schedule outside volunteer groups with O.D.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Maintain member files within database
- Work in database to create ticketing for events, tours, etc.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends [as needed]
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for individuals with special needs
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Credentials & Experience:
- High School degree minumum; additional work as an Administrative Assistant or similar will be a plus
If interested in applying for the position of Administrative Assistant, please click here: Employment Application for Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Program Director
Job Summary: This part-time position [20 hours/week: Monday – Thursday, 9:30a – 2:30p] is responsible for creating an inviting, fun, challenging, and energizing atmosphere for the Day Program offered to Wings Members.
Culture and Mission: Assist in enhancing the lives of adults with Special Needs
- Assist staff in the area of educational and vocational curriculum using all three modalities of learning, i.e. visual, auditory, and kinesthetic
- Ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and followed by self, volunteers and members
- Implement appropriate behavioral interventions as necessary
- Coordinates and leads lunch volunteer team
- Assists volunteers in Member work in the community
- Fill in where necessary
- Maintain quality control in production products
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with staff, parents, and volunteers
- Support the strategic goals of the Wings organization
- All other duties as may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Positive attitude
- Willing to take direction
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work and plan independently
- Organized, attention to detail, flexible and adaptable
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with leadership
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as necessary
- Continued education training
- Ability to work with and empower volunteers to increase capacity
- Meet physical requirements to safely perform assigned duties
Qualifications & Experience:
- Passion for special needs community
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University or prior experience working with the special needs community
If interested in applying for the position of Program Assistant, please click here: Employment Application for Program Assistant