Wings currently has an open position for a part-time Administrative Assistant [25 hours]. If you are passionate about the special needs community and helping our members at Wings reach their full potential, you may be the person we are looking for.
Please see the job description below. If you are interested in applying, just click on the application link and complete the Employment Application.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 405-242-4646.
Please review the job description below. If you are interested in applying for the position, please click here:
Apply for Part-time Administrative Assistant Position
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Operations Director
Job Summary: This part-time position [25 hours/week] will be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our staff, assisting in daily office needs, leading and working alongside volunteers, and managing general administrative activities.
Culture and Mission:
- Commitment to our mission, vision and values
- Alignment of members, staff and parents/guardians around the values and mission of Wings
- Creates a strong sense of community in the program/facility
- Ability to recruit, lead and work alongside volunteers
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet guests and visitors
- Recruit and lead volunteers to answer phones and do simple office tasks
- Take notes/minutes at weekly staff meeting
- Answer or distribute emails that come into firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work with potential volunteers to connect with E.D. and collect volunteer information [including application and background check].
- Schedule outside volunteer groups with O.D.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports for E.D. and O.D.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Maintain member files within database
- Work in database to create ticketing for events, tours, etc.
- Works with O.D. to order supplies for program and event center
- Works to ensure best pricing and efficient purchasing practices
- Manages inventory needs of the organization
- All other duties as may be required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for individuals with special needs
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Credentials & Experience:
- High School degree; additional work as an Administrative Assistant or similar will be a plus